Mary Potter 1900-1981
4.25 x 6 ins / 11 x 15 cms
The watercolour is framed with the letterhead 'THE RED HOUSE, ALDEBURGH, SUFFOLK / Tel.484' (visible through perspex back) which was originally acquired with this painting. Mary Potter lived at The Red House between 1951 and 1957. In 1957 Mary Potter swapped houses with her friends Benjamin Britten and Peter Pears and moved to Crag House on the sea-front.